It's amazing (and sad) to watch Carter talk about solar and renewables, the permanent energy shortage, and the need for conservation, THIRTY F*CKING YEARS AGO.
And yet we did nothing. NOTHING.
Why? Why did the US waste thirty years under Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush?
Because that's what the lobbyists and the Energy and Auto Industrial Complex wanted.
And now for America (and the world), it's too late. Now, we all pay the price of inaction.
The good news? We now have an energy emergency. The talk about a "Manhattan Project" for energy might become a reality (under a new president and Congress). And energy now floats (for the time being) to the very top of the list of issues impacting regular Americans' lives.
Here's five big EnergyPANIC ideas, what are yours?
1) Conservation (oh, if Bush would only say the word)
2) Solar/Wind/Nuclear/Non-Food Renewables Investment and Subsidies
3) Massive Mass Transit Development
4) Dramatic Fuel Efficiency Standard Improvement
5) Vote every incumbent out of office (except Ron Paul)
June 10, 2008
Here's Jimmy Carter (hold your laughter) in 1979 on the need for a national energy policy and conservation. Again, we've done nothing...
Posted by blogger at 6/10/2008