Here's their brilliant "get the facts straight" campaign and plan of attack:
* A little bit of high-school-level graphic design, with ALL CAP WORDS THAT SHOUT AT THE IGNORANT TO LISTEN TO THE AUTHORITIES
* Add some standard stock-art images of families and white picket fences
* Spin that past performance equals future returns
* Use great phrases like "stable", "responsible", "strong" and the really funny one "Washington is different"
* Don't talk about out of whack P/E ratios, historical averages or basic fundamentals
* Place a ton of ads in MSM while getting ad-supported MSM to plant pro-realtor stories
So, that's about it. I didn't see the prayer meeting, or the blame the media slant, so the realtors are evolving a bit. But in the end, same old same old. And what they don't realize is - if they ever want to eat again, the BEST thing that could happen is for prices to come down, and come down hard and come down fast.
Nobody is buying their bullsh*t anymore, and they're not buying homes either. And that's the facts, jack.
Check out seattlebubble for more on the goings-on in the Evergreen State, and this chart from the CEPR that shows how out of whack rents are to "ownership" costs in Seattle.