* My cousin Joey just made some money selling his home
* Hey, my neighbor is putting his house up for sale for way more than we both paid
* Oh, man, I'm rich! My home just went up in value 20%!
* Maybe I should buy some investment property
* Another house just sold down the block for 100% more than the guy paid
* Hello, Cheap Mortgages with No Money Down? I'd like to take out a loan on an investment condo
* Everyone is getting rich buying and selling homes! It's so easy! Why work for a living
* Yes, you're right Mr. New Home Sales Guy, why buy one when I can buy two! Let's do it
* You're right, Mr. Cheap Mortgages with No Money Down, I should take advantage of that no-doc, no-down, option-ARM thing you're recommending. Are you sure I can lie about my income? Cool! I'll buy five of those new condos, not two!
* Grandma, you gotta buy another condo in Florida! We're all getting rich rich rich rich!!!!!
* Hmmm.. I wonder if being $4 million in debt is OK, after all I only make $40,000 a year. But it must be if the bank would lend me that kind of money
* OK, I've closed on all my new condos, time to flip them for massive profits!
* Hmmm... it's been 30 days and no offers. And it is strange that nobody actually LIVES here in this new condo building. I wonder why that is.
* It's the damn realtor's fault, why can't they sell my units. I'm gonna fire 'em and get a new one! One that knows the market!
* OK, it's been six months, and still no buyers, and I'm out $30,000 in carrying costs so far. Hmmm... That's more than I bring home in a year. My credit cards are getting closed to maxed out. Oh well, it's OK, I'll just drop the price a bit and still be rich rich rich rich!
* OK, it's been a year. I can't make the payments anymore, still no offers, I'm on my tenth realtor, still nobody lives in this damn condo building and what happened? My realtor and mortgage broker and appraiser and David Lereah and everyone said I was going to be rich! It's their fault.
* I can't believe I just got foreclosed on. I've lost everything. Oh well, it wasn't my money after all and in a few years my record will be clean and I'll try again! I do wonder though who did take the loss on all my condos, since it wasn't me? Hmmm...