March 09, 2006

Big shocker: 30-Year Mortgage Rates Jump to 3-Year High


6.37 is going to look reallllly good a year from now... Anyone else see 8% in our near future? No more refi's. No more housing ATM. No more homes selling. What's a mortgage banker to do (besides pray?)

Rates on 30-year mortgages jumped to the highest level in 3 1/2 years this week, driven higher by inflation worries in financial markets.
Mortgage giant Freddie Mac reported Thursday that rates on 30-year, fixed-rate mortgages averaged 6.37 percent this week, according to its weekly survey.

That was up sharply from a nationwide average of 6.24 percent and left 30-year rates at the highest level since they averaged 6.43 percent the week of Aug. 2, 2002.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. Where do you come up with these?

We should have a contest for the best caption.

Anonymous said...

Great picture!!!

blogger said...

Dear God, please let my clients' loan go through. I'm mortgaged to the hilt, on my 14th refi myself, and these suckers (I mean clients) really need their no-doc, no-down, interest-only, negative-am to go through, dear god, so I can make my commission. Even though they both lost their jobs as real estate appraisers last week.

Just one last time, Dear God, will I ask this favor of you. Well, actually, my 12 o'clock might need some Divine intervention as well. I'll talk to you then

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Rates should already be 8% if the FED and China/Japan were manipulating the markets. 6% seems like a low rate (historically).

Anonymous said...

"Only a Pregnant Pause. Not a Bubble. Only a Pregnant Pause. Not a Bubble. Dear Jesus, Please don't let it be a Bubble!!!"

Anonymous said...

Jezuz Rulez!!

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my bad credit debt consolidation mortgage site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my bad credit history loans site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bad credit foreclosure loan mortgage site.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a bad credit lease site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

Anonymous said...

Learn The Secret Today

Find The secret to the secret at http://loans4bills.com/. If you want to find out how you can get california refinance home mortgage home equity loan help visit us