* Do NOT keep any money beyond FDIC limits in ANY bank
* Assume your bank will fail - do your own due diligence. Ask questions. Get it in writing.
* Are your mutual funds protected? Your trading accounts? Your CD's? Your money markets? Your 401k's? Know who has your money, and if it's protected
* Especially avoid banks exposed to Subprime, Alt-A and Option ARM lending
* Avoid all banks with concentrations in California, Florida, Nevada and Arizona
* Get ready for the next implosion - construction loans going bad in droves
* Tell your friends and family. Last one out's a rotten egg.
* You ain't ever seen anything like this folks. Unless your were alive in 1929.
* Get popcorn. Lots and lots of popcorn.
Many more US bank failures likely after IndyMac
NEW YORK, July 13 (Reuters) - U.S. banks may fail in far greater numbers following the collapse of the big mortgage lender IndyMac Bancorp Inc, straining a financial system seeking stability after years of lending excesses.
More than 300 banks could fail in the next three years, said RBC Capital Markets analyst Gerard Cassidy, who had in February estimated no more than 150.