Ross Perot is back, with his beautiful new website perotcharts.com. Nice to see someone speak up on the debt, deficit and entitlement bomb, after George Bush and a corrupt and incompetent Democratic Congress did nothing, and I mean NOTHING, these past seven years.
Watch the preso, the whole thing, and have at it.
Or, be like 99% of Americans, and continue to not give a sh*t.
I love charts. A picture is worth a thousand declining dollars they say. Or a thousand dishonest politicians. And it'd be nice if Perot would run again, just to get his voice into the debate.
After reviewing his presentation, for starters and off the top of my head, here's a Top 10 economic to-do list for America. Have at it...
- Raise the retirement age - dramatically and soon. Start at 70 and go from there
- Mandatory high-deductible health insurance and subsidized grocery and drug store walk-in clinics
- Pull the US military out of every foreign country within eight years
- 5% across the board reduction in government spending and jobs
- Make savings accounts tax free. Double or triple retirement account maximums.
- Lower the US corporate tax rate to 20%
- Sell off US government assets (not the Grand Canyon, but buildings and land for starters)
- Line-item veto, no ear-marks, and balanced budget amendment
- Vote every incumbent out of office, blow up the two-party system, and start over
- Eliminate the income tax and switch to a consumption-based tax