Would the housing bubble (and now crash) have even happened if it were not for the Real Estate Industrial Complex's corruption of our public officials?
Here's a starter list - feel free to add to it..
* Mortgage interest tax break
* $250,000 / $500,000 cap gains exclusion
* No oversight of toxic lending
* No oversight of mortgage brokers, appraisers or realtors
* "Friends of Angelo" obvious bribery
* Rampant NAR, NAHB and NAMB PAC payola payments to corrupted Congressmen
* Eminent domain used to favor developers over property owners
* Politicians whose main asset is real estate attempting to put a floor under falling real estate prices with a massive taxpayer-funded housing bailout