Don't worry, I'm not turning into a "truther" nutjob, but damn, you gotta admit what's happening in the financial markets, combined with who's running the show these days, is a bit, well, obvious?
* The president is the son of a president, while the leading candidate to become the next president is the wife of a president. Both went to Yale.
* The US Treasury secretary is the former CEO of Goldman Sachs, who created the mortgage CDO, and is now in charge of cleaning up the mess, while also ensuring that Goldman Sachs survives and thrives
* JPMorgan, with $30 billion from the US Federal Reserve, supposedly buys Bear Stearns after doing a few HOURS of due diligence, for 99% off, avoiding bankruptcy and the unwinding of trillions in derivatives contracts, while wiping out the common shareholders. There are no other bidders or bids.
* Bank of America supposedly buys Countrywide, saving it from sure bankruptcy. There are no other bids or bidders.
* The stock market rallies yesterday minutes after Bush meets with the "Working Group on Financial Markets", i.e. the "Plunge Protection Team"
I could go on, but I figure you guys have the goods.
Follow the money.