* Nice to see a candidate who doesn't believe in evolution win the GOP primary. Just when you think a party can't do worse, they do worse.
* Nice to see Obama knock off Hillary. I hope he wins NH and SC next and puts a dagger in her heart. I'm not for many of Obama's policies, but damn, I the idea of a Hillary presidency was scary! It was also nice to see a black man win nearly 40% of the delegates in lily-white Iowa. Maybe we have moved on as a country.
* Ron Paul taking 10% is acceptable. Not good, not bad. New Hampshire (where independents and Dems can vote in the GOP race) is what's important for RP. He needs to come in 1st or 2nd, if not then he'll simply run out the rest of the states with his millions, try to get 10% of the delegates, and be kingmaker at the convention. If he wins or comes in second in NH, then a more important role.
* Obama has the Dem nomination. It's over. The GOP side will be fierce and fun. McCain will be the candidate people go to after throwing all the other bums overboard. And I expect a brokered convention with the lesser candidates playing a huge role.
* Bloomberg has to like his odds even better this morning.
* The spreading housing crash will become the #1 issue in this campaign. The Dems will want government bailouts of housing gamblers. I hope to see a Rep candidate go the exact opposite direction but ain't holding my breath.
January 04, 2008
Posted by blogger at 1/04/2008