August 30, 2006

HousingPanic Stupid Question of the Day


What will the US and UN do tomorrow about Iran, now that they're in violation of resolution #1696?


51 comments:

Alan P. said...

Yak, yak, yak.

But seriously, Amad challenged Bushie to a debate, but Bushie couldn't debate a severely retarded third grader with any hope of coming out on top. Clint Eastwood: "You're a good man lieutenant, a good man always knows his limitations".

Richard said...

Whose in violation keith??

the IAEA has repeatedly report non-violation.

Oh that's right - in violation of the Bush Cabal...

My bad - your so right keith..

Good Grief!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing, all this saber rattling is happening because Bush and Rove know no other way to win elections than to play the fear, 9/11, uggabuggabugga, hide under your pillow card. Iranian leadership has been calling for the extinction of Israel for 27 years, The crap coming out of Amad's mouth is nothing new. The only thing that is new is that now the Iranian's feel genuinely threatened by the US, what with US troops sitting across their borders in Afghanistan and in Iraq and with a power hungry idiot in the White House, so now they're pushing for the only thing that can deter American power, the bomb. Can you blame them? Look at Pakistan. Osama Bin Laden is in Pakistan and we can't do squat about it because they have the bomb. We should cut this crap out, negotiate with them to buy some time, pull our troops out of Iraq, then lean on em hard when all of our troops are back on aircraft carriers in the gulf instead of stuck in the desert in Iraq. Anything else is just pissing into the wind so that the Republicans can desperately try to hang on to power.

Richard said...

Rumsfeld Says Critics Appeasing Fascism
His comparison to those who mollified the Nazis draws a rebuke from opponents of war policy.
By Julian E. Barnes, Times Staff Writer
August 30, 2006


SALT LAKE CITY รข€” Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld on Tuesday compared critics of the Bush administration to those who sought to appease the Nazis before World War II, warning that the nation is confronting "a new type of fascism."

Joey said...

It looks like the USA and Israel will have to go it alone, not that I agree with that.

What's up with all these righties always wishing that "Russia and China" will stand up and talk some "sense" into Iran? Those are two countries with their own national interest... and it's not in their interest to have the USA as a global hedgemon.

What's the USA gonna do to them... stop buying China's trinkets? Imagine the inflation when the source of cheap goods is closed off, and all those US dollars are dumped in the open market!

Well, maybe that inflation can fool the 'tards into thinking their house prices are rising.

Richard said...

"Osama Bin Laden is in Pakistan "

Who cares - FBI has no evidence to convict ...no why??

It was Bush and Cabal - not OBL

Anonymous said...

Yeah. We're all supposed to be so afraid for our lives that we continually vote Republican.

I was a Republican before Bush came along. Now I don't know what I am.

My net worth is several million dollars so you'd think I'd be all for his tax lowering policies but he truly has fucked our country.

Anonymous said...

Our Government is responsible for 9/11 so they could instill fear in us and go to war with whoever they choose.

Anonymous said...

I doubt that our government is "responsible" for 9/11, but they sure as hell didn't care much about it.

"What was the title of the memo, Condi?"

"I believe it was titled 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the U.S."....what? that silly memo? The President was on vacation. We're not supposed to worry the President's beautiful mind when he's on vacation.

borkafatty said...

My net worth is several million dollars so you'd think I'd be all for his tax lowering policies but he truly has fucked our country.

Agreed!

panicearly said...

Arabic T-shirt sparks airport row
T-Shirt on demonstrator in New York on 18 July
A demonstrator wears a similar T-shirt at a New York protest in July
An architect of Iraqi descent has said he was forced to remove a T-shirt that bore the words "We will not be silent" before boarding a flight at New York............
last line in the article..
"We Will Not Be Silent" is a slogan adopted by opponents of the war in Iraq and other conflicts in the Middle East.
It is said to derive from the White Rose dissident group which opposed Nazi rule in Germany. "
http://tinyurl.com/hjkjw

freedom, use it or loose it.

skytrekker said...

Bush, Rummy and the rest calling others 'Facsist' is like calling a kettle black- for all of them fit the dictionary definition of what a fascist is.


1.) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
2.) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
3.) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
4.) Supremacy of the Military
5.) Rampant Sexism
6.) Controlled Mass Media
7.) Obsession with National Security
8.) Religion and Government are Intertwined
9.) Corporate Power is Protected
10.) Labor Power is Suppressed
11.) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12.) Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13.) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14. Fraudulent Elections

Anonymous said...

Same thing they did on 8/22 Keith

Anonymous said...

Nothing will happen. For the foreseeable future, all you can expect is a lot of rhetoric going back and forth. China and Russia has tied the U.S' hand. Unilateral sanctions won't do squat, not with the Russian and Chinese economies serving as gaping holes in the net. Military sanctions? We don't have the will, nor the manpower, and neither does Israel at this point.

As far as the stock market is concerned, Iran is now a non-event.

Richard said...

AIPAC urges US to shut Iranian Web site
>
>
> By Yossi Melman
>
>
> The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is urging the United
> States government to disconnect an Iranian news site from American Internet
> servers, charging that the site has ties to terrorist organizations. The
> allegation is based on a report published by Haaretz last month.
>
>
> According to the Haaretz report, the site, Baztab, published details about a
> month ago of what it termed "an interrogation" of the two Israeli soldiers
> kidnapped by Hezbollah on July 12. Baztab's report claimed that the soldiers
> had admitted that Israel planned a military attack on Hezbollah in September
> or October, and the kidnapping had foiled this plan.
>
>
> Based on this report and other information published on the site, AIPAC
> concluded that Baztab, which is supported by an American server, has ties
> with a terrorist organization. It therefore asked the U.S. Treasury
> Department to order the site shut down.
>

Richard said...

Hey Keith maybe HP will be next...

Still buy'n that "free" press thing??

Anonymous said...

We'll have to invade of course. Until the rest of the world realizes our superiority and allows us to tell everyopne else how to live we'll simply just have to keep killing them. I mean, who do they think they are? Technological progress? Are they mad? WHo says everyone can have the same technology? We, the people who use "freedom" every other word, know that real freedom comes from allowing a country of greedy, increasingly ignorant miscreants dictate to the world how they will be allowed to live and defend themselves from the only people on earth to be as uncivilized and evil as to actually use a nuclear weapon.

Anonymous said...

nothing. they arent going to do a darned thing. And he knows it

Anonymous said...

Does it really matter what the UN does?
Sanctions are not going to motivate Iran to stop their nuclear program in any way.

All of this is pointless. Israel will destroy the suspected uranium enrichment sites unilaterally via air raid when they are good and ready anyway - and probably destroy a few Iranian villages or two on their return flight.

Iran's leadership knows exactly what they are doing. They want America to attack them because it will justify all that they have been preaching to the Iranian people for the last 30 years. To them "America is the Great Satan" that sends sniffer dogs to help us find out dead after earthquakes.

Anonymous said...

Poor USA. Sends sniffer dogs which gives them the right to run everyone else's country and take their resources.

"Hunter" said...

Remember this folks, we get to thank Jimmy F_ckin' Carter for this problem. He makes Bush or Clinton look like George Washington or Abraham Lincoln. Oh but do not worry ol Carter is going to Iran to "talk" to Ayatolla Khotami this week. I am sure he will make everything better. Like our boy Neville Chamberlin showed us with Hitler. Seriously the old man needs to be put in a home for the old and senile. One of the worst Presidents ever!

Sometimes I wonder how we live in such a great place like the USA, but are surrounded by morons.

Anonymous said...

hunter, let me complete your post for you...and Roosevelt handed eastern europe to the ussr, and truman was a pussy because he didn't nuke korea, and kennedy was a pussy because he didn't nuke fidel, and clinton was a pussy because he didn't nuke monica, and all liberals hate america and it's all carter's fault.............be a little more stooopid

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and hunter, let me really complete your post for you...and eisenhower was a tough guy because he warned against the military/industrial complex, and nixon was a tough guy because he pulled out of vietnam, and ford was a tough guy because he had a capital R next to his name, and reagan was a tough guy because he sold arms to iran, and bush sr was a tough guy because he left saddam hussein in power, and bush jr is the toughest of em all because he put iran's allies in power in iraq, and all liberals hate america and it's all carter's fault.............be a little more stooopid

panicearly said...

hey hunter, if you dont want to be surrounded by morons in the USA, why dont you enlist... whats holding ya back? not the ARM payments is it?

"Hunter" said...

Anon: I am not necessarily ripping on libs. There are morons on both sides as we all should know. I just wanted to make a point that Carter was an idiot and continues to be one. I don't have to the time to list all his bungles, but if you demand it I can have a list of the things he's done tomorrow. Sorry man, I am just frustrated on the whole situation because yes like a lot of things in history it could of been prevented. There has and will be a lot of blood spilled because of his blunder. It just pisses me off....

illegally yours in PHX said...

Same thing they do about our boys and girls dying in Iraq everyday. Or the fact that the Lower Ninth ward in NO is just as devastated today as it was a year ago, minus the water.

They will do nothing. This government, administration, and this moron we call a president are totally incompetent.

Bring our boys and girls home. Restore New Orleans as the city of character it once was. A city that had some vibrance, that offered something different. Sure there was crime, but there was something to be appreciated when people said they had gone to Mardi gras or visited New Orleans. How do you respond when people say they visited PHX? You say, why the f*ck would you go there for? But when people say they vistied NO, you would listen to their stories. At least I did.

Let's take care of our own. The government should be ashamed of the whole Iraq and Katrina mess. Some of them should really be arrested and prosecuted. Along with some of these stupid home sellers and their ridiculous prices.

Sorry had to thrown in my bubble 2 cents. This is a housing blog after all.

Anonymous said...

hunter, what exactly should carter have done with iran? negotiated with the hijackers/terrorists? like reagan did? sold them weapons? yeah, good point, sorry, you're absolutely right, it's all carter's fault. idiot.

panicearly said...

hey hunter, join the frustrated club.
i was just egging you with that last stupid post. my apologies.

"Hunter" said...

No worries panicearly, I think your right, that most of us are in the same boat of frustration. Being Bubble heads for as long as most of us have been I guess it goes w/ the territory. Speaking of frustrated, that Anon is frickin pissed.

Anon: The damage was done before the religious fanatics had the hostages. If you look back at how he handled the situation before hand. By giving half ass mixed signals to the Shah, etc. is where I have my main problem. For God sakes the guy eliminated his entire cabinet. And please don't come back with the US shouldn't prop up or work with dictators because that would put you closer to Bush's boat of nation building through democracy. You can't have it both ways my angry little friend. And if you are an isolationist well then I don't know what to say to you.

Dragasoni said...

Richard,

Your liberal views make you sound VERY ignorant. If you hate Bush so much, get out of America!

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a big threat to all "non-believers". He is comparable to Adolf Hilter on so many levels, and we (America) are in great danger.

Want to know who wins this war? Whoever nukes who first. Remember Japan on August 6 & 9 of 1945? Iran needs to made into a big parking lot, 10 stories underground.

What's so hard to understand, ol' great liberal moron?

-Dragasoni-

Anonymous said...

"...and clinton was a pussy because he didn't nuke monica..."

Oh man you guys are too funny.

Anonymous said...

we should do nothing. When Iraq violated resolutions in 2002/2003, the UN did nothing, and we did something. All you Dems do not stand behind that, so why should we do it again? Iraq not a threat? Iran no threat either. Maybe it's all just a big bluff. The Dems seem ok with believing that right?

Anonymous said...

This almost brought tears to my eyes...

"Olbermann Eviscerates Rumsfeld; Defines True Courage"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWT9BX0UaQ

Anonymous said...

Where is Spiderman when we need him? Tell him to get his ass out of Universal and web the creep!

Richard said...

Dragasoni

And once again ignorance reigns supreme.

Yeppers my friend - "nuke'um first - remember Japan".

You my friend (and other ANONs on this board) are the reason I fear for my children.

I do not hate the US - served in the USMC - got out with an HD (did you dragon?); graduated college with a useable degree - pay taxes every year, but what makes me different from you (apparently) is I do not believe the official 9-11 report.

You see my friend - sometimes in ones life something happens to make one change the way one sees the world...I saw what everyone saw on 9-11, but to me it did not ring true.

The buildings (all of them) were rigged for demo before 9-11. Most all world scholars and engineers have catagorically refuted the US version of the truth.

Why did the US gov demo the building on 9-11...because they needed to set policy to go to war...why? to militarize the ME to secure oil resources.

Now we have a cabal in place that says if you do not believe the 9-11 report - you are a facist.

Well Dragon - 9-11 was my life altering event...

What was yours? the day you enlisted? or did you enlist and serve this great country as I did?

Or are you just a "blogger" who believes all the government will feed you?

What is it dragon...no answer = no credibility.

Anonymous said...

dragasoni, comparing this nutjob in Iran to Hitler is as bad as being a holocaust denier. When you do so you are exagerrating Amad and minimizing Hitler. It's a stupid comparison. Stop it.

keith said...

richard - enough with the 9/11 theories por favor, or talk on bubbletalk

David in JAX said...

Nothing because of the election in November. After that, who knows.

Richard said...

Keith enough of the name calling. Get real about this 2nd job of yours.

devestment said...

Straight from Aljazeera...

Ahmadinejad: Iran will not back down

The Iranian president says his country will not bow to pressure over its nuclear technology rights, hours before the UN is expected to report Tehran's failure to meet a deadline to stop nuclear work. FULL STORY

Richard said...

And why should they back down??

Dragasoni said...

Richard,

You and the other 9-11 conspiracy nuts need to use some common sense. You sound so stupid on so many levels. Regardless of your background, you’re a moron.

How would these demolition crews get that many explosives in the buildings? How about all the planning involved prior? What about the people that witness the planes flying into the buildings?

How about keeping this a secret to all the FBI agents, firefighters, demolitions experts, scientists, CIA personnel, rescue workers, police, airline pilots, NSA, air traffic control personnel, military, and the entire administration.

Think about it, what have we gained? I paid $2.63 a gallon last night, Richard. Prices at the pumps are still high as can be. Not because of peak oil (that will come later) but because the price is controlled by traders that base the price on speculation. This war in the middle east is not an “oil war”.

-Dragasoni-

Richard said...

Dragon - So I take that #1 you did not serve and #2 you still believe the official 9-11 report.

I think we are done here...thanks for fly'n American Airlines (flight 11) - put your tray table in its up and locked position and prepare for a soft landing.

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

This from the Pentagon:

"U.S. sees Iran's nuke bomb 5-8 years away"

The question should be... why are they focusing our attention on this now? We gave Iran enough Plutonium to make a bomb in the 1980s. Iran has plenty of $$ and oil clout to buy nukes from a number of sources (Iran visited N. korea for the test launch, maybe a little side shopping?).

Why this now? What are they preparing us for? What does this mean for the markets and investing? This is a shell game going on in front of our faces.

Anonymous said...

This from the Pentagon:

"U.S. sees Iran's nuke bomb 5-8 years away"

The question should be... why are they focusing our attention on this now? We gave Iran enough Plutonium to make a bomb in the 1980s. Iran has plenty of $$ and oil clout to buy nukes from a number of sources (Iran visited N. korea for the test launch, maybe a little side shopping?).

Why this now? What are they preparing us for? What does this mean for the markets and investing? This is a shell game going on in front of our faces.

InfidelSix said...

Sounds to me like Rummy struck a chord. The hyperventilating reaction onlys underscores the point that the truth hurts.

What's really funny is how knee-jerk the lib reaction is. They hear things that were never said and create their own boogeymen out of thin air.

For example, Richard, no one thinks your a facist for believing in you 9/11 conspiracy. You made that up. That's your self crated boogeyman. In truth we just think you're a moron or a member of the tinfoil-hat crowd.

And Anon's response to Hunter - "Clinton was a pussy b/c he didn't nuke Monica". That's a completely knee-jerk, stupid response. You're really saying that if he's critical opf Carter, then he has to be for nuking everyone? No room for any position except the most extreme archetype you can come up with? You must be stupid to believe anyone would fall for that lame-ass, childish, debate startegy. You're a mental midget. That's why this country is doomed. No one wants to meet in the middle.

So where will your appeasement lead you? I'd take Reagan over Carter anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

its all bs. nothing is going to happen either way. it all bs. oil is down. plenty of jobs. people can rent housing in most areas for reasonable money. Most people have lots of extra money if they stop buying all the crap. cable,internet,cell, new cars , eating out, new furniture, flat screen, etc, are not needed and without those items people can live cheap and well. Go to hawaii and see people living well without all the crap and still enjoying life.

Disgorge! said...

How strange it is that the Republofascists *cough*Hunter*cough* always raise Carter or Clinton when the staggering and potentially disastrous misdeeds of the current White House incumbent is raised.

Can anyone spell "R-E-D H-E-R-R-I-N-G"?

"Hunter" said...

Damn you are totally right I am sucha fascist. I guess one cann't voice a minority opinion that is different from the rest of you on this blog. Yep, I am a fascist.

Infidelsix is right about the country needing to come together somewhere near the middle. I don't care who started it, things need to change. Debate is always good, but just remember we are all on the same team.

Anonymous said...

Nothing will be done except talking about it. 5 years from now Iran will test its first nuke. Republicans will say "we told you so, we told you so, Carter is to blame". The democrats will respond "How can carter be blamed for this? You are just trying to distract us from Jeb Bush's poor performance as president and that 9/11 was planned by the bush regime and and Elvis is still alive"

James Baker said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my airline flight site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.