November 20, 2005

Open thread - let's hear some stories about people buying at the top

Seems the stories about people buying this summer with zero down interest only negative ammortization loans, combined with an explosion in listings, combined with two straight months of median home price decline, isn't quite enough for some of the real estate agents and investors out there to understand that it's over, it's coming down and the ponzi scheme has ended...

Again, I'm not disputing that MASSIVE money was made during the ride up. Anyone can argue that point. The point now is that we're going down.

So... let's hear some stories about people panic buying this summer at the top. Here's one:

I have a friend in San Diego who purchased a new build 1200 sq. ft. loft downtown in June for $700,000. Usual story - interest only, 5% down, financed on credit card, etc...

He reports now that

1) He doesn't seem to have any neighbors - all the units were bought by flippers and are now for sale, with no buyers

2) He's worried if it's already droppped 10%, he's $70k in the hole

3) He figured he could've rented one for about 30% of his monthly total cost

4) He thought it was a sure thing - that real estate only goes up - and can't believe how quick things changed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.
My name is Aleh Kurijn. I am newbie on housingpanic.blogspot.com. Your forum is great.
I decided to publish my article about car insurance online on housingpanic.blogspot.com.
I choosed category this as more relevant. If this category is not relevant, please,
delete my post or move to another.

My friends are asking me how to find low cost car insurance. Please, let me tell you about choosing car insurance online.

Finding low cost [url=http://www.mycarinsuranceonline.blogspot.com]car insurance online[/url] has never been easier. There are a countless of car insurance companies on the Internet, and they are all competing for your business. Many of these websites may not be represented directly in your local area, which means that you now have access to companies that weren't available to you before.

You can begin to seek out low cost car insurance by using any search engine like google or yahoo. This is where you will find that there are two main types of website that deal in car insurance. first of all there are the company websites. These are the websites that you can find in depth information on one company and their products. You can scan these at your spare time and get online quotes, which most of these websites have available.

Then you should go to an insurance comparison sites. These websites compare the rates of various companies and may also have tools to help you classify the best insurance selection for you. You will most likely have to use one of their online tools and enter data about your age,vehicle, sex type and etc. They then produce a listing of companies and insurance deals that you may be acceptable for. This can be an excellent way to get started on the search.

The magnificent thing about looking for [url=http://www.mycarinsuranceonline.blogspot.com]car insurance online[/url] at all, is that very often just getting your car insurance online will gain you a discount. Because these websites are not having to pay for you to listen to hold music before you get to a surly telephone consultant, they can save you a little more on your insurance. And it's very good deal for you. Or not?

Using free information and comparing data is the way to ensure that you get low cost car insurance. So spending a little time and troubles before you choose a company can save you plenty of money over time.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sirs, you should visit the web-site, which has become my
navigator in [url=http://www.hyip.com]money-making online[/url] recently.

There you'll find actual information on [url=http://www.hyip.com/articles]hyip[/url] - "high yield investment programs", that
may help you seriously raise your capital. The portal makes researches
of the market and publishes independent ratings.
Visit! [u][url=http://www.hyip.com]HYIP.com - Online Investment Monitoring Services[/url][/u]

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found this forum interesting. I am newbie on housingpanic.blogspot.com and think that housingpanic.blogspot.com have good community. I posted to this category as most relevant category for my proposal. I am admin of [url=http://www.thehyips.info]HYIP forum[/url] and want to make suggestion.

Sorry for my bad English, it isn't my native language. I seek good writer for writing HYIP articles for my [url=http://www.thehyips.info]HYIP forum[/url] site. Please, send emails to thehyips1@yandex.ru. We will duscuss terms. I can pay for investment articles $5.

I need only good-written articles on English. If you have great experience in writing, please, send me email.

Good bye

Anonymous said...

One old american man win in lotto 250 000 000$.
I want win money too!!!!!!!!!!a-a-a-a
Give me money!